Click here for
and mission of GFWC International.
in 1893 by 23 clubs, with Julia Ward Howe as the first President
(1893-1898) and her theme: "To learn, to teach, to serve, and to
enjoy," the GFWC of
Massachusetts has a long list of
accomplishments, some of which are listed below.
with GFWC International credited with establishing more than 75% of the
acres of prime
woodland near Wayside Inn, Sudbury, in 1949. Building of a Headquarters
was completed at this site in Memorial Forest in 1987. In 1999 over 200
acres were transferred to Sudbury Valley Trustees for maintenance and
preservation of open space.
the New England Assistance Dog Service Project.
over $30,000 for Talking Information Center for reading service to
Raised over $25,000 for
an Emergency Medical Assistance Vehicle for the Walter E. Fernald
$24,000 to purchase
a van for the Pine Street Inn.
for the Childrens Trust Fund, Family Resource Centers.
2000-2002, Massachusetts clubwomen worked 1,745,708 volunteers hours,
and gave $1,732,721 to community service with $333,047 in club and
clubwomen donated $6,362 and made 2,229 Blankets for "Project Linus". http://www.ProjectLinus.org
2004-2006, Massachusetts clubwomen donated an estimated $23,000 in
checks and sports equipment to The Barton Center for Diabetes
Education, Inc. http://www.BartonCenter.org/
2006-2008, homeless Veterans, Veteran's families, hospitals, and
programs were supported with hands-on volunteer assistance and over
$24,000 in donations.
2008-2010, Massachusetts clubwomen volunteered 350,000 hours in over
3,000 programs, and donatated $600,000. Also, a Long Range
Planning Committee was established and created
a long range plan for GFWC of Massachusets, improvements were made at
Headquarters, and the Unity Walkway Project was established.
for past Directors of Junior Clubs and their themes.
offer comments and or to receive more information about
our organization Please contact: Diane Murphy,
or write to: GFWC of Massachusetts, Junior
Box 679, Sudbury, MA
GFWC of Massachusetts Headquarters is at 245 Dutton Road,
Sudbury, MA. Click here